To assist Service members, their families and overseas citizens, FVAP has created materials to cover many topics related to absentee voting. These tools are available below for you to download, print and share as you see fit. We are always looking for ways to improve the voter experience through information, so check back over the next few months to see what has been added!
The Federal Voting Assistance Program has handouts that can help explain the absentee voting process, provide election dates and important contact information. Download and share these handouts when needed:
- Frequently Asked Questions Handout
- 2016 Primary Election Dates
- Detailed Absentee Voting Process Infographic Handout
- U.S. Embassy and Consulate Email Addresses Handout
- Tri-Fold Brochure
- Wallet Card
- FPCA and FWAB Quick Reference Guide
- FPCA Reference for State Instruction
- FWAB Reference for State Instruction
- The Federal Post Card Application - FPCA
- The Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot - FWAB
- Myths and Realities
- Separating from Active Duty - Voter Assistance
- Military Mail Complexities
- Voting Residence - Military Service Members and Families
- Voting Residence - Overseas Citizens
- Spouses and Eligible Family Members
- Federal Employees Working Outside the U.S.
FVAP produces a voting poster for every election year. This poster is available to help ensure absentee voters are aware of the tools and resources FVAP provides, as well as how to contact FVAP and the local Voting Assistance Officer.
- 2016-2017 Poster
- 2014-2015 Poster
- 2012-2013 Poster
- 2010-2011 Poster
- 2008-2009 Poster
- Voting Assistance Guide
- Two versions of 30-second radio ads:
- Press Release Template
- Information Sheet on FVAP activities
- Digital Banner Ads
Many local news outlets will be able to give you free space when available, so we have created three sizes of the ads for each Service. If you need a specific size, email vote@FVAP.gov and we will do our best to accommodate your request. Click your Service below to open the three ads and save the PDFs for your use:
- "You Can Vote From Here: Vote Now" Videos
- "You Can Vote From Here: Register & Request" Videos
- UOCAVA Absentee Voting Process Videos
- FVAP "Pen" video on Facebook
- FVAP "Checkboxes" video PSA available for download in
- FVAP "Opinions" video PSA available for download in
- Informational videos for
Digital Media Content Toolkits
These toolkits support like-minded organizations in their efforts to help Service members, their families and overseas citizens vote absentee. You're welcome to customize and publish this shared content on digital channels like websites, blogs, social media and email. Please contact FVAP if you would like assistance sharing this information, experience any issues downloading the files or would like to request additional materials.
- HR Professionals Serving Overseas Citizens
- Organizations Serving Military Service Members
- Organizations Serving Military Spouses and Families
- Organizations Serving Overseas Citizens
- Election Officials
Some products such as wallet cards, tri-fold brochures and posters are better shared using our pre-printed copies. To request hardcopy products, email vote@FVAP.gov. We have limited resources, so please be respectful in the number of items you request.
This widget can be embedded on any website to create dynamic access to the State pages by copying and pasting the code below onto your website. These State pages will get the voters started on filling out the forms they need to register to vote, update their mail address with the local election office and request their absentee ballots. Anyone is welcome to use the widget in their site!
width="300" height="250" style="border: none;" frameborder="0">
Can't find what you need? Let us know what we can create to help you! Email Media@FVAP.gov with suggestions.