Service Voting Assistance

As a Service member or eligible family member, you can vote absentee while living away from your voting residence — and your Service can help.


Talk to Someone Local

For in-person assistance, find your nearest Installation Voter Assistance (IVA) Office to speak with a Voting Assistance Officer (VAO).

Your VAO can provide you with hard copies of forms, assistance in completing the forms, and answers to any of your absentee voting questions.


 Army Seal     Navy Seal     Marine Corps     Air Force     Coast Guard


Vote After a Move

Since voting materials cannot be forwarded to you at another location, it is important to let your election office know your address after every move and every year. The information you provide is the only way to contact you.

During your period of transition after a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) or deployment, get direct assistance from your Installation Voter Assistance (IVA) Office to guarantee your ballots can still find you. Visit your IVA Office when in-processing at a new duty station, deploying overseas, and returning from deployment.

If you're separating from active duty, check out the steps to make sure you're ready to vote when transitioning back to civilian life.