April 22 - ALEXANDRIA, Va. - The State of New Mexico will hold its primary election on June 3. If you are a New Mexico resident and want to vote in the primary, you must be registered by May 6. If you live outside New Mexico and need to register to vote absentee, you can do so using the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) available at If you complete and return this form, you will be registered to vote and will receive an absentee ballot for all elections held through the next regularly scheduled general election.

If you are already registered in New Mexico, you must request your ballot by May 30 if you want to vote in the primary. You can request an absentee ballot using the FPCA available at

Detailed information is available at If you are registered and do not receive your absentee ballot by May 4, use the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB) to vote. The form is also available at


If you experience any issues or have questions, FVAP's call center is available at 1-800-438-VOTE (8683), DSN 425-1584 or at Toll-free phone numbers from 67 countries are listed at Find us on Facebook at /DoDFVAP and follow @FVAP on Twitter.

PDF version of FVAP News Release #23