Draft FPCA and FWAB Available for Public Comment

ALEXANDRIA, Va. – The draft Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) and Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB) hardcopy paper forms are available for their second and final public review and comment period on the Federal Register until August 6, 2021 at regulations.gov.

FVAP thanks all those who submitted their thoughts and suggestions during the first round of comments in April and May. These comments have been reviewed and adjudicated. FVAP leveraged the feedback from voters, election officials, and other stakeholders, incorporated the clarifications, and updated the draft forms for this comment period.

Form usability is an essential part of the redesign process. To help ensure the form is easy and intuitive from a voter's perspective, we ask that you download and complete the forms as if you were registering to vote, requesting an absentee ballot or voting and returning the FWAB.

Please provide content, design, or usability comments via the links below. There are two links for each form, the posted notice where formal comments can be submitted, and the download page for the draft form.

To view the FPCA Federal Register Notice and comment on the draft FPCA form:


To download and view the Draft FPCA Form (be sure to review the "30 day comment submission" version):


To view the FWAB Federal Register Notice and comment on the draft FWAB form:


To download and view the draft FWAB form (be sure to review the "30 day comment submission" version):


Comments and usability feedback should be submitted on the Federal eRulemarking Portal using the links above by August 6, 2021.

The DoD cannot receive written comments at this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Comments should be sent electronically to the docket listed above.

Please do not send comments directly to FVAP.


For more information on FVAP or assistance with the absentee voting process, visit FVAP.gov, call FVAP at 1-800-438-VOTE or DSN 425-1584 (CONUS)/312-425-1584 (OCONUS), or email vote@fvap.gov. Remember, you also can contact your unit or installation voting assistance officers for assistance during any step of the process.