MAKE SURE YOUR BALLOTS ARRIVE IN 2015
Register now and request your ballots for the year
January 15 - ALEXANDRIA, Va. - The Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) registers you to vote, and acts as a request for your State absentee ballots for the year. It is important to complete a new FPCA annually, every time you move or at least 90 days prior to the election you want to vote in.
Completing a new FPCA is easy at FVAP.gov:
- Select your State from the drop-down on the home page
- Click the box at the bottom of the page to Register to Vote, Request a Ballot or Update My Voter Info
- The FVAP online tool will walk you through the form, and provide you with a PDF packet to print, sign and send directly to your local election official (LEO); links are also provided here for States that offer online voter registration
- You can check the status of your registration and/or ballot request by contacting your LEO at any time
Remember, the only way your LEO knows how to reach you is with the information you provide! Some States allow a longer time between registrations, but if you submit a new FPCA every year, you won't have to worry about your registration or ballot request status and can participate in all the elections* you're eligible to.
* While there are no regularly scheduled elections for Federal offices, there may be some elections for office which are vacated by the end of the term. Being registered ensures you will be able to participate in these elections.
If you experience any issues or have questions, FVAP's call center is available at 1-800-438-VOTE (8683), DSN 425-1584 or at email@example.com. Toll-free phone numbers from 67 countries are listed at FVAP.gov. Find us on Facebook at /DoDFVAP and follow @FVAP on Twitter.