How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your local election office. This form allows you to register to vote and identifies you as a voter covered by UOCAVA (Federal law providing special protections). You may also register online at []( if you have a Washington State Driver's License or State ID card. What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? No. How can I submit my FPCA? You may mail, email or fax your FPCA directly to your local election official. Addresses can be found at the end of this section. How often must I submit my FPCA? The FPCA is good for every subsequent election held until the voter is no longer registered to vote in the State. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? You can request a ballot online at []( if you have a Washington State Driver's License or State ID card. You may also fill out and return an FPCA to your local election office. How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Ballot (FWAB)? You may return your voted ballot or FWAB by mail, email or fax. What must I do to use the FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? Washington allows you to use the FWAB for registering and voting in primary and general elections for Federal, State and local offices and non-candidate ballot issues without having previously registering or requesting an absentee ballot. Feel free to use the FWAB to vote any time before an election. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? A U.S. citizen who was born abroad and who is eligible to vote and who has never lived in the U.S. may register and vote in the county where a parent would be eligible to register and vote. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? Please visit [](