How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your local election office. This form allows you to register to vote and identifies you as a voter covered by *UOCAVA* (Federal law providing special protections). What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? You only need to claim a political party to vote in Presidential primary elections. Political party affiliation is not required if only requesting absentee ballots for State primary and general elections. How can I submit my FPCA? You may submit your FPCA by mail, email or fax directly to your local election official. Addresses can be found at the end of this section. If you choose to email the FPCA you must also submit it by mail. How often must I submit my FPCA? Each year. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? You can request an absentee ballot by contacting your local elections official by phone, mail, email or fax. Addresses for local election officials can be found at the end of this section. However for the most up-to-date information including phone numbers you should visit our website, [] ( How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Ballot (FWAB)? You must return your voted ballot or FWAB by mail. What must I do to use the FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? You may use the FWAB if you have previously registered and requested an absentee ballot for an election. The FWAB may be used to vote for any Federal, State, or local office in a general, primary or special election. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? No. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? Visit the Vermont State Elections website, [] ( or call (802) 828-2363.