How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your local election office. This form allows you to register to vote and identifies you as a voter covered by UOCAVA (Federal law providing special protections). What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? Possibly. The Utah Republican Party only allows registered Republicans to vote in its primary election, however, other State parties allow anyone to vote in their primary regardless of party affiliation. How can I submit my FPCA? By mail, email or fax. How often must I submit my FPCA? The FPCA is good for all Federal elections held through the next regularly scheduled general election. You should submit a new one every time your address changes or every year. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? Fill out and return an FPCA to your local election office. How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Ballot (FWAB)? By mail, email or fax. What must I do to use the FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? You may use the FWAB to register to vote if it is received by the Friday before the election. If you are currently registered, you may use the FWAB any time before an election without having previously requested an absentee ballot. The FWAB can be used to register and vote in primary, special, runoff and general elections for Federal, State and local offices and non-candidate ballot issues. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? No. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No witness or notary is required. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? Please visit [] ( or contact your local election office.