How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your local election office. This form can be used to temporarily register and/or request an absentee ballot and identifies you as a voter covered by *UOCAVA* (Federal law providing special protections). What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home, to which you have a definite intention to return. It must be a place where the person has physically been present with intent to remain and return when away. Do I need to claim a political party to vote primary elections? Yes. How can I submit my FPCA? By mail, email or fax. How often must I submit my FPCA? The FPCA is good for the calendar year in which it is submitted. You should submit a new application every time your address changes including your mailing address, or after January 1 of each year to qualify for all upcoming elections. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? Fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your local election office. How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Ballot (FWAB)? You must return your voted ballot or FWAB by mail. What must I do to use the FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? If you are already registered to vote and have made a timely request for your absentee ballot, you may use the FWAB to vote any time before an election. If you are not registered to vote, the FWAB may be used as a temporary registration, absentee ballot request and ballot if received by the registration deadline. The FWAB may be used to vote in Federal, State and local elections for which you are eligible. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? Yes, under certain circumstances. A U.S. citizen born abroad, who is eligible to vote and has never lived in the U.S. may register temporarily and vote in the county where a parent would be eligible to register and vote. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No notary is required. A witness signature is only necessary if you required assistance completing either form. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? Please visit [] (