How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your local election office. This form can be used to register and identifies you as a voter covered by *UOCAVA* (Federal law providing special protections). What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? Yes. How can I submit my FPCA? By mail, email or fax. Once you have submitted your FPCA you can access your ballot through the online Electronic Voting Accessibility Tool (EVAT) at [] ( which allows registered voters to upload their FPCA. How often must I submit my FPCA? Submit a new FPCA after January 1 of each year or every time your address changes. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? Submit an FPCA by mail, email, fax or through the online Electronic Voting Accessibility Tool (EVAT). How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB)? You may return your voted ballot or FWAB by mail, email, or fax. What must I do to use a FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? You may use a FWAB any time before an election without having registered or made a previous request for an absentee ballot. If you are using the FWAB to register, it must reach your local election office by the registration deadline. You may use a FWAB to vote in primary, special, runoff and general elections for Federal, State and local offices and non-candidate ballot issues. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? No. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? Please visit [] (