How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your local election office. This form allows you to register to vote and identifies you as a voter covered by *UOCAVA* (Federal law providing special protections). The Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB) also allows you to register to vote if it is submitted by the voter registration deadline. What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote primary elections? Yes. If you do not select a party, you can still vote in a general election, but not in a primary election. How can I submit my FPCA? You may return your FPCA by mail, email, fax or internet delivery directly to your local election official. If you submit your FPCA by email or fax, you must also mail your signed FPCA. Addresses can be found at the end of this section. How often must I submit my FPCA? Each year. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? You may use the FPCA, FWAB or any other absentee ballot application that identifies you as a covered voter. The applications can be downloaded on [] ( How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Ballot (FWAB)? You must return your voted ballot or FWAB by mail. What must I do to use the FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? You may use the FWAB to vote any time before any election without having previously registered to vote or requested an absentee ballot. However, if you are not registered your FWAB must be received by the registration deadline. Use the FWAB to vote for any Federal, State and local office in a primary, special or general election. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? No. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? Please visit [] (