How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Register online at [] ( If you do not have a current Oregon Driver's License or State ID Card fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your local election office. The FPCA allows you to register to vote and identifies you as a voter covered by *UOCAVA* (Federal law providing special protections). What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? Yes. If you do not select a party by the registration deadline, you can still vote in primary elections, but your ballot will only include non-partisan offices and measures. How can I submit my FPCA? By mail, email or fax. If you submit your FPCA by email or fax, you must also mail your signed FPCA. How often must I submit my FPCA? The FPCA is good for every subsequent Federal election held until the voter otherwise notifies the clerk, or the county election official receives evidence that the elector's voter registration is no longer current. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? Fill out and return the FPCA to your local election office or complete form SEL 111 "Ballot for an Absent Elector Request Form" online at [] ( and send it to your local elections office either by mail, email or fax. How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Ballot (FWAB)? By mail, email or fax. If you submit your FWAB by email or fax, you must mail your signed FWAB. What must I do to use the FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? You may use a FWAB any time up to the registration deadline for an election without having previously registered or requested an absentee ballot. If previously registered, you may use a FWAB any time so long as it is received by 8 pm on Election Day. The FWAB may be used to vote in Federal, State and local elections. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? No. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? To find out the races and candidates for which you can vote, go to [] (