How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? North Dakota does not have voter registration, but you will need to request a ballot using your Driver's License or State-issued identification number. Use North Dakota's electronic system at []( , or fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your local election office. This form allows election officials to identify you as a voter covered by UOCAVA (Federal law providing special protections). What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? No. How can I submit my FPCA? By mail, email or fax. You may also choose to use North Dakota's electronic system at [] ( How often must I submit my FPCA? The form requests absentee ballots for all regularly scheduled elections for the calendar year in which it is submitted.You should submit a new one every time your address changes or every year. How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Ballot (FWAB)? By mail, email or fax. You may also choose to use North Dakota's electronic system at [] ( What must I do to use the FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? You may use the FWAB any time before an election without having previously requested an absentee ballot, but if you have not requested a ballot your FWAB must be received before 11:59 pm the day before the election. The FWAB may be used to vote in Federal, State and local races. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? A U.S. citizen, who was born abroad, has never lived in the U.S. and who is eligible to vote, may vote in the county where a parent is eligible to vote. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? Please visit [] ( to see your sample ballot.