How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your local election office. This form allows you to register to vote and identifies you as a voter covered by *UOCAVA* (Federal law providing special protections). What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? No. How can I submit my FPCA? You may submit your FPCA by mail, email or fax directly to your local election office. Contact information for your local election office can be found at the end of this section. How often must I submit my FPCA? Your FPCA is good for the next regularly scheduled election unless you request ballots for all regularly scheduled elections for the calendar year in which it is submitted. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? Fill out and return an FPCA to your local election office by mail, fax, or email. A listing of County Clerks can be found at [] ( or at the end of this section. How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Ballot (FWAB)? You must return your voted ballot or FWAB by mail. If you email or fax your ballot to the local election office, you must also submit the original ballot by mail with certification. What must I do to use the FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? To use the FWAB you must have previously registered to vote and requested an absentee ballot. The FWAB may only be used to vote in Federal elections. If the ballot is emailed or faxed, you must also submit the original ballot by mail. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? No. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? Please visit [] (