How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? You should fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your local election office. This form allows you to register to vote and identifies you as a voter covered by *UOCAVA* (Federal law providing special protections). What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? To vote in primary elections, you must enter your political party affiliation. If you do not enter a political party you will be registered as non-partisan and will receive a non-partisan ballot for each non-partisan primary election. Political party affiliation is not required if only requesting absentee ballots for general elections. How can I submit my FPCA? Nevada allows you to submit the FPCA by mail, email or fax. How often must I submit my FPCA? Submit a new FPCA every year. The FPCA registers you to vote and requests absentee ballots for the Federal primary and general elections immediately following the date the county clerk received the FPCA. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? Fill out and return the FPCA to request absentee ballots for the Federal primary and general elections. How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB)? Your voted ballot or FWAB may be returned by mail, email or fax. What must I do to use the FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? Nevada allows you to use the FWAB for registration and an absentee ballot request for voting in general, special and primary elections for local, State and Federal offices. If you are not registered, your FWAB must be received by your local election office by the ballot request deadline. If you are registered and have already requested an absentee ballot, feel free to use the FWAB to vote any time before an election. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? No. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No witness or notary is required on either form. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? To find out the races and candidates for which you can vote, go to [] (