How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your local election office. This form allows you to register to vote and identifies you as a voter covered by *UOCAVA* (Federal law providing special protections). What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? No. How can I submit my FPCA? By mail, email and fax. The original documents must also be mailed when submitting by email or fax. How often must I submit my FPCA? The FPCA is good for all regularly scheduled Federal, State and local elections in the calendar year it is submitted. You should submit a new one every time your address changes or every year. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? You may request a ballot from your county election office in-person, or by agent, mail or fax. How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB)? Voted ballots must be returned by mail. If you receive your ballot and you do not think that it will arrive at the county election office by the deadline, contact your county election office to make other arrangements. What must I do to use the FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? You may use the FWAB to vote in any election at any time, without having made a previous request for an absentee ballot. However, be mindful of the registration dates if you have not previously registered to vote. The FWAB may be used to vote in Federal, State and local elections. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? Yes, but with exceptions (see the following section entitled "Voting by citizens who have never lived in the U.S.") Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? A list of filed candidates and their basic information can be found on the Secretary of State's website [] ( However, further information must be attained from third-party sources.