How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? For the Federal primary and general elections you may use the Secretary of State's Electronic Absentee System (EAS) to access, save and return a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) via email. You may also fill out and return an FPCA to your local election office. This form allows you to register to vote and identifies you as a voter covered by *UOCAVA* (Federal law providing special protections). What is my voting residence? The last place of residence in Montana where you are otherwise qualified to vote. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? No, but you will need to select and vote only one party's primary ballot. How can I submit my FPCA? Montana allows you to submit the FPCA by mail, email or fax. How often must I submit my FPCA? The FPCA registers you to vote and requests absentee ballots for all regularly scheduled Federal, State and local elections in the calendar year in which it is submitted and through the next calendar year. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? You may submit an FPCA, absentee application, or letter to your local election office to request a ballot. The letter should identify you as an absent Uniformed Services voter or overseas voter and include your date of birth and signature. How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB)? You may return the voted ballot or FWAB by mail, email or fax. What must I do to use the FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? You may use the FWAB any time before an election to vote in primary, special and general elections for Federal, State and local offices and non-candidate ballot issues without having previously registered or requested an absentee ballot. Montana recommends waiting to use a FWAB until after 45 days before an election. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? No. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? To find out the races and candidates for which you can vote for State and Federal elections, go to