How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Fill out the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) and return it to your local election office. This form allows election officials to identify you as a voter covered by *UOCAVA* (Federal law providing special protections) or visit the Military and Overseas Voting Access Portal at []( Beginning July 1, 2014, UOCAVA voters can also use the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB) to register to vote, if received by a local election office by the registration deadline. What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? Yes. How can I submit my FPCA? Mail, email or fax. You may also use the Military and Overseas Voting Access Portal at []( to register to vote and request ballots. How often must I submit my FPCA? If you provide your email address on the FPCA, it is a request for electronic delivery of a ballot for all elections through December 31 of the year following the year you submit it, although you can request a shorter amount of time. If you do not provide your email address on the FPCA, it is considered a request for absentee ballots for one Federal election cycle. You should submit a new FPCA every time your address changes or every year. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? Submit your FPCA by mail, email, fax or use the Military and Overseas Voting Access Portal at []( Your spouse, parent, mother-in-law, father-in-law, grandparent, sibling, child, daughter-in-law, son-in-law or grandchild can apply in person on your behalf. The request must include your name, address where you are registered, reason for voting absentee, the address where the ballot should be mailed and your email address if you request electronic transmission of your ballot. How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB)? By mail. There are a few exemptions, please see "Voting Your Ballot" for more information. What must I do to use the FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? If you are registered to vote and have requested your absentee ballot, feel free to use the FWAB to vote any time before an election. Beginning July 1, 2014, you may fill out and return a FWAB to vote in any general, special, Presidential preference or primary election for Federal, statewide or State Legislative office or State Ballot Measure, or in any other election allowing absentee voting. You may use the FWAB to register to vote by filling in the accompanying declaration and submitting the FWAB as long as it is received by the FWAB registration deadline. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? No. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? Contact the Secretary of State's office at [] ( or your local election authority's office. Find the address online at [] (