How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your local election office. This form allows election officials to identify you as a voter covered by *UOCAVA* (Federal law providing special protections). What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? No. How can I submit my FPCA? By mail, email or fax. How often must I submit my FPCA? The FPCA is good for one calendar year. You should submit a new one every time your address changes or every year. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? Fill out and return an FPCA to your local election office. A written request or use of the Michigan absent voter application is also acceptable. How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB)? By mail. What must I do to use the FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? To use the FWAB you must be registered and have previously requested your absentee ballot. The FWAB may be used to vote in Federal general, special and primary elections for Federal, State and local offices and local ballot questions. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? A U.S. overseas citizen who is 18 years old, not registered to vote anywhere else in the U.S. and who is an eligible family member of a Michigan resident to register and vote in Michigan elections even though they have never established Michigan residency. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? The Michigan Voter Information Center [] ( will allow you to check your registration and absent voter ballot status as well as view a sample ballot.