How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Military and overseas voters are exempt from registration, but you should fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your local election office to request an absentee ballot. This form identifies you as a voter covered by UOCAVA (Federal law providing special protections). What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? Yes. If you do not select a party, you can still vote in general elections, but not in primary elections. How can I submit my FPCA? You may mail, email or fax your FPCA directly to your local election official. Addresses can be found at the end of this section. How often must I submit my FPCA? Each year. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? Registration is not required for military and overseas voters however, you should submit an FPCA, the State application, or letter identifying you as an absent Uniformed Services elector or overseas elector. How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB)? You may return your voted ballot or FWAB by mail, email or fax. What must I do to use the FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? You may use the FWAB to vote by the ballot return deadline without having registered or having requested an absentee ballot. The FWAB can be used to vote in primary, special and general elections for Federal, State and local offices and non-candidate ballot issues. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? Yes. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? Please visit [] (