How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to the Maine Bureau of Corporations, Elections and Commissions Division of Elections. This form allows you to register to vote and identifies you as a voter covered by *UOCAVA* (Federal law providing special protections). What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? Yes. If you do not select a party, you can still vote in general elections, but not in primary elections. How can I submit my FPCA? You may return your FPCA by mail, email or fax. How often must I submit my FPCA? Submit a new FPCA every time your address changes or at least every 18 months. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? If you are already registered to vote, fill out the online ballot request form at [] ( How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB)? You may return your voted ballot or FWAB by mail, email or fax. What must I do to use the FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? You may use the FWAB to vote any time before an election even if you are not registered and have not requested your absentee ballot. The FWAB may be used to vote in Federal and State elections. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? Yes. A U.S. citizen who has never lived in the United States, but who has a parent who is a qualified elector in Maine, may register and vote at the address where that parent is a qualified elector. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? Please visit the following sites: [] ( and [] (