How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your local election office. This form allows you to register to vote and identifies you as a voter covered by *UOCAVA* (Federal law providing special protections). You may register to vote or change your registration online [] ( What is my voting residence? Louisiana requires actual bona fide residency of the State, parish, municipality and precinct in which you offer to register as a voter. A citizen of the U.S. residing outside the United States who was domiciled in Louisiana immediately prior to his/her departure may claim residency for absentee voter registration as long as he/she does not maintain a domicile and is not registered to vote, in another State. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? No. During the 2014 Election Cycle you will not need to indicate a political party. However, Louisiana requires political affiliation for the Presidential Preference Primary. How can I submit my FPCA? You may submit an FPCA by mail, email, fax or online by logging in to the Louisiana Voter Portal: [] ( How often must I submit my FPCA? The FPCA is good for two regularly scheduled general elections in Louisiana. You should submit a new one every time your address changes or every four years. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? Registered voters may submit a request for an absentee ballot by mail, fax or via electronic download by logging in to the Louisiana Voter Portal at [] ( You may also fill out and return an FPCA to your local election office. How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB)? Your voted ballot and FWAB must be returned by mail, unless a voter feels he or she will not have time to vote in a timely manner. Please contact your local registrar for additional fax or emergency options. What must I do to use a FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? To use the FWAB you must be registered to vote and have requested your absentee ballot. Louisiana allows you to use the FWAB to vote in any election for Federal office. To vote in State and local elections, you must use Louisiana's absentee ballot. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? No. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? Visit [](