How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your county election office. This form allows election officials to identify you as a voter covered by *UOCAVA* (Federal law providing special protections). What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? Yes. How can I submit my FPCA? You may mail, email or fax your FPCA directly to your local election official. When emailing your application, both a digital (e.g. a photograph) and scanned image of the application are acceptable. How often must I submit my FPCA? In Indiana, the FPCA is good for all elections held from the date approved through the end of the calendar year. You should submit a new FPCA every time your address changes or every year. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? By completing and sending an absentee application (Form ABS-15) or FPCA by mail, email, or fax to your county election official. The ABS-15 application form can be found at []( You can transmit your absentee ballot application by using an email with a digital image of the application (a cell phone photograph, for example), attached. A scanned image of the application is no longer required. How can I return my votedballot or Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB)? By mail, email, or fax. When emailing your voted ballot or FWAB, either a digital image (such as a cell phone photograph) or a scanned image of your voted ballot and signed ballot cover sheet are acceptable. What must I do to use the FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? To use a FWAB you must be registered to vote and have requested your absentee ballot. If you do not receive a ballot, you can submit a FWAB by mail, email or fax to the appropriate county election official. You may use the FWAB to vote in Federal, State and local elections. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? No. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? You can determine the candidates and text of public questions on the ballot in your home precinct on [] ( Click on the link "Review Candidates on My Ballot". You can then enter information from your voter registration record, or about your precinct to generate your customized sample ballot.