How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your local election office. This form allows you to register to vote and identifies you as a voter covered by *UOCAVA* (Federal law providing special protections). What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? No. How can I submit my FPCA? By mail, email or fax. How often must I submit my FPCA? The FPCA is good for all elections in the calendar year submitted. You should submit an FPCA each election year and each time your address changes. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? Fill out and return an FPCA to your local election office. How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB)? You may return the voted ballot by mail (or by fax if you requested the blank ballot by fax within 5 days before the election). If returning the ballot by fax, you must submit a secrecy waiver provided with the ballot or the fax cover sheet in Chapter 1 of this *Guide*. What must I do to use the FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? If you are registered and have requested your absentee ballot, feel free to use the FWAB to vote any time before an election. If you are not registered to vote, you may use the FWAB but it must be submitted by the registration deadline. Hawaii allows you to use the FWAB for voting in all elections including State and local races. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? U.S. citizens who have never resided in the U.S. but have a parent who is eligible to vote in Hawaii are eligible to vote at the same voting residence claimed by their parent (for Federal office ballots only). Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No witness or notary required. If you are unable to sign, your mark must be witnessed by another individual 18 years or older. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? Please visit [](