How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your local election office. This form identifies you as a voter covered by *UOCAVA* (Federal law providing special protections) and can be used to register. What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? Yes. How can I submit my FPCA? By mail, email (by attaching your signed and scanned FPCA as a document) or fax. How often must I submit my FPCA? The FPCA is good through the next regularly scheduled general election. You should also submit a new FPCA every time your address changes or every year. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? Fill out and return an FPCA to your local election office. How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB)? By mail. What must I do to use a FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? You may use the FWAB without previously registering or requesting an absentee ballot. However, if you are not registered, your FWAB must be received by your local election office by the registration deadline. The FWAB may be used to vote in State and local races if there is a Federal office on the same ballot. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? Yes. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? Sample ballots are available on My Voter Page [] ( Candidate information can be found on the Election Division's webpage of the Georgia Secretary of State's website [] (