How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your local election office. This form can be used to register and identifies you as a voter covered by *UOCAVA* (Federal law providing special protections). What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? Yes, if you want to vote in a party's primary. If you do not claim a political party, you will be able to vote in the primary election only on ballot issues, nonpartisan races or races in which the winner faces no opposition in the general election. How can I submit my FPCA? By mail, email or fax if you are already registered. If you are not already registered, you must submit your FPCA by mail. How often must I submit my FPCA? The FPCA is good for all elections for which you are eligible to vote that are held from the date you initially request an absentee ballot through the end of the calendar year of the second ensuing regularly scheduled general election. You should also submit a new FPCA every time your address changes. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? Submit an FPCA, or request an absentee ballot by phone, mail, email, fax or via an online system if provided by your local election office. How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB)? By mail or fax if you are an overseas voter (U.S. citizen or Uniformed Service member). If you are an absent Stateside Uniformed Service voter, then your voted ballot or FWAB must be returned by mail. What must I do to use the FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? To use the FWAB you must have previously registered to vote and have requested your absentee ballot. In addition to voting for any Federal office, you may use the FWAB to vote for any State and local office where there are two or more candidates. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? No. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? Refer to your local election official website at [] ( For a list of Federal and statewide candidates and issues, refer to the Division of Elections' website at [] (