How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your local election office. This form allows you to register to vote and identifies you as a voter covered by UOCAVA (Federal law providing special protections). You may also register to vote online at using your State Driver's License or ID card number. What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? Yes. How can I submit my FPCA? By mail, email, fax or online at [] ( How often must I submit my FPCA? In Colorado, the FPCA is good for one regularly scheduled general election. You should submit a new FPCA every year and every time your address changes. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? Under Colorado law, all active voters will be mailed a ballot for every State and Federal election. You should update your information with your local election office every time your address changes to ensure you will receive a ballot for every election in which you are eligible to vote. How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Ballot (FWAB)? By mail, email or fax. What must I do to use the FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? Colorado allows you to use the FWAB for registration and voting in Federal, State and local general, special or primary elections, or any other election coordinated by the County Clerk and Recorder. If you are registered and have requested your absentee ballot, feel free to use the FWAB to vote any time before an election. If you have not registered to vote, please carefully review the section "How and where to submit my FWAB" for complete instructions. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? A U.S. citizen who was born abroad, is eligible to vote and has never lived in the U.S. may register and vote in the Colorado county where a parent would be eligible to register and vote. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No witness or notary is required on voted ballots. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? To find out the races and candidates for which you can vote, go to [] (