How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your local elections office. This form allows you to register to vote and identifies you as a voter covered by *UOCAVA* (Federal law providing special protections). You can also fill out an FPCA at [] ( What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? No, except for Presidential primary elections. How can I submit my FPCA? By mail or fax. You can also fill out an FPCA online at [] ( How often must I submit my FPCA? The FPCA is good for four regularly scheduled general elections or whenever you need to update your information. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? Fill out and return the FPCA to your local elections official. You can also fill out an FPCA at [] ( to request your absentee ballot. How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Ballot (FWAB)? By mail or fax. Fax is only permitted if you live outside the territorial limits of the U.S. What must I do to use the FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? If you are registered to vote and have previously requested your ballot, you may use the FWAB to vote any time before an election. The FWAB may be used for registration, ballot request and voting all elections for Federal, State and local offices and ballot measures. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? Yes. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? To find out the races and candidates for which you can vote, go to [] (