How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your local election office. This form can be used to register and identifies you as a voter covered by *UOCAVA* (Federal law providing special protections). You may also check on your registration at [] ( What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? Yes. How can I submit my FPCA? Mail, email or fax. However, if the FPCA is used to register to vote it must be mailed (you may also contact your county clerk for information on hand-delivery options). How often must I submit my FPCA? The FPCA is good for one regularly scheduled general election cycle. You should submit a new one every time your address changes or every two years. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? Fill out and return the FPCA to your local election office. How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB)? You must return your voted ballot or FWAB by mail. What must I do to use a FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? If you are registered to vote and have requested your absentee ballot you may use the FWAB to vote any time before an election. The FWAB may be used to vote in primary, special, runoff and general elections for Federal, State and local offices and non-candidate ballot issues. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? No. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? To receive a sample ballot you may contact your county clerk.