How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to the Chief Election Officer. This form allows you to register to vote and identifies you as a voter covered by *UOCAVA* (Federal law providing special protections). What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? There are no primary elections in American Samoa, you do not need to claim a political party. How can I submit my FPCA? By mail, email or fax. How often must I submit my FPCA? Each year. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? Fill out and return the FPCA to the Chief Election Officer. How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB)? Voted ballots and the FWAB must be returned by mail. What must I do to use a FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in territory and local elections? If you are registered to vote and have requested your absentee ballot, you may use the FWAB any time before an election. You may use the FWAB for voting in elections for Federal office. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? No. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? No. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? Please visit [] (