How can I register to vote as a military or overseas voter? Fill out and return the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to your local election office. The form can be used to register and identifies you as a voter covered by *UOCAVA* (Federal law providing special protections). What is my voting residence? The place you consider your true, fixed and permanent home. Do I need to claim a political party to vote in primary elections? Yes. How can I submit my FPCA? You must mail your FPCA directly to your local election office. Addresses can be found at the end of this section. How often must I submit my FPCA? The FPCA is good for the current calendar year unless you specify an earlier expiration date. You should submit a new one every time your address changes or every year. If I am currently registered to vote, how may I request an absentee ballot? You may request an absentee ballot by submitting an FPCA to your county absentee election manager by the applicable deadline. How can I return my voted ballot or Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB)? By mail only or commercial delivery company service only. What must I do to use a FWAB and can I use the FWAB to vote in State and local elections? To use a FWAB, you must be registered and have previously requested your absentee ballot. You may then use the FWAB if you have concerns about timely submission of your voted absentee ballot. The FWAB may be used to vote for Federal, State and county offices and any proposed constitutional amendments or local referendums. I am an American citizen, but I have never lived in the U.S., can I register to vote in this State? No. Will I need a notary or witness for my FPCA or FWAB? Your regular ballot or FWAB must be sworn before two witnesses (18 years or older). Since the FWAB form provides space for one witness, place the second witness signature in box Block 9. Where can I find information about the candidates and/or other items that will be on my ballot? The Secretary of State's office posts on its website []( the certified list of candidates participating in elections for Federal and State offices as well as any proposed constitutional amendments.