Directives and Guidelines for Voting Assistance Officers
The following directives and guidelines help Voting Assistance Officers in the execution of their duties.
Department of Defense (DoD) Instruction 1000.04, Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP)
This DoD Instruction defines the responsibilities of the Federal Voting Assistance Program and provides direction to DoD components and other Federal agencies in carrying out their responsibilities under UOCAVA. To view the Instruction in its entirety, go to DoD Instruction 1000.04.
- Memorandum on Military Service Voting Assistance Guidelines
- Memorandum on Voting Assistance Program Metrics
- Air Force Implementation of Voting Assistance Offices
- Army Guidance in Implementing Installation Voter Assistance Offices
- Marine Corps Order 1742.1B, Voting Assistance Program
- Navy CNIC Instruction 1742.1, Establishment of Installation Voter Assistance Offices
- Air Force IG Checklist
- Political Activity (Hatch Act)